This article is for SNAPPLIFY PARTNERS.
Creating a product voucher enables you to issue a unique voucher code with associated products. When the code is redeemed, the products are added to the user's Snapplify account.
The product voucher creation process in Origin Basic involves creating the voucher, adding products to it, then activating the voucher.
Creating a product voucher
- Navigate to origin.snapplify.com and sign in.
- Click Vouchers in the left-hand navigation, then on the Vouchers page, click the 'New Voucher' button.
- Complete the following fields to create your voucher:
- Label: provide a label/name for the voucher.
- Code: this is the voucher code users will enter when redeeming the voucher. A default, random voucher code will be generated.
- Reference: enter a unique identifier for the voucher.
- Quantity: specify the total number of redemptions that are allowed for the voucher. On Origin Basic, there can only be one redemption per voucher, so the Quantity field is set to '1', by default.
- Complimentary: indicate whether the voucher is complimentary or not. Please note, complimentary vouchers may not be sold. This field will only display if you are a publisher (i.e. if you're set up as a publisher).
- Complimentary Type: if the voucher is complimentary, select a reason for the complimentary voucher from the drop-down list.
- Click the 'Save' button.
Adding products to your voucher
Once your voucher is created, you can add the required products to the voucher.
BOOKSELLERS: If you are using Origin to sell ebooks, you may find titles that are unavailable and this is due to territory sales restrictions set by the publisher. Understanding Territory Restrictions on Digital Content.
CONTENT PARTNERS: If you are using Origin to issue complimentary or sell ebooks, you may find titles that are unavailable and this is due to territory sales restrictions set by you. Understanding Territory Restrictions on Digital Content.
- Scroll down until you find the Products section on your screen
- Click the "Add Product" button
- On the Product Search page, search for the product using its title or ISBN. Once the search results are returned, click the 'Add Title' button at the relevant product to add it to the voucher.
- Click 'Yes' in the pop-up to confirm that you want to add the title to your voucher.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to add additional products.
Once you have added all the product(s) required, you can navigate back to your voucher by selecting the title on the top navigation
Alternatively, Click Vouchers in the left-hand navigation.
All the active vouchers are displayed. Click the 'Inactive' tab, then select your voucher from the list to open its details.
Activating your voucher
Once you've added products, your voucher is ready to be activated. Activating your voucher makes the code active and redeemable.
- Click the 'Activate' button to activate the voucher.
- Click 'Yes' in the pop-up to confirm the voucher activation.
The voucher is added to the list of active vouchers.
How to redeem a product voucher
When you issue voucher codes, it is important that the person receiving the voucher code knows the process to redeem the voucher. Please share this article along with voucher codes.
Need help? Use the live chat in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.